My Best Friend Is The Little Mermaid

My Best Friend Is The Little Mermaid
Book cover

Monday, March 26, 2012

Little Mermaid, BIG problem...

Cereus nearly attacked me. "What do you mean she’s gone to the surface?"

Now came the hard part. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. "She took a potion and now she’s…" I swallowed painfully not daring to meet Cereus’ crazed eyes. I couldn’t say it; I couldn’t say that awful, awful word… "Human." It oozed from my lips.

Then, right then as if triggered by the terrible, terrible word; a high-pitched screaming, screeching, ear-splitting alarm went off. The sound tore through the mall and right through my brain. The dim mall lights began to flash red and blue, casting eerie flickering shadows down the length of the dark hall.

The sonic and obviously magically enhanced blast made Cereus and I buckle to the floor. "What is that?" I screamed over the noise, my scales rippled from the magical vibe in the water.

"It’s the mercurity system," Cereus answered in a thunderous but calm voice. "My dad helped design it; it has magic sensors that go off when there is an ocean wide eMERgency; when our safety is breached or our cities are invaded, or when the secret of our existence has been compromised…"

We looked at each other; we were both thinking the exact same thing. We said it aloud, in unison: "Abatina."


                                                                       ***
           
             *Sixteen year old Calandine Undercurrent thinks she has her life figured out. With her supportive family and her bright future she’s one lucky mermaid. Calandine thinks she has it all under control, that is until her reckless best friend, Abatina Jetstream gets them both into trouble when she convinces Calandine to help her save a shipwrecked young human who just happens to be a prince! It’s love at first sight for Abatina and nothing but trouble for Calandine, especially once Abatina decides to become human and go in search of her prince, thus triggering the eMERgency of the century! Now it’s up to Calandine and Abatina’s charming twin brother, Cereus Jetstream to set things right again, even if it means becoming humans themselves. But can Calandine operate with her world turned upside down and her plans in shambles? Can she function with everything out of control, even her own feelings?...


*(Synopsis as seen on back cover of book)  

No comments:

Post a Comment